Galentine’s Day: Caesar Salad Pepperoni Pizza
- Prep Time: 120
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
For the Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella sauce
- 20 pepperoni slices
- red pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese
For the Salad
- 4 romaine hearts, sliced in half
- scant 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- To make the pizza dough, in a large bowl mix together flour, salt, water, and olive oil. The dough will be firm but wet. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for 2 hours or until bubbled and doubled in size. Use the dough right away for pizza or place in the refrigerator overnight. Just bring it to room temperature before rolling out.
- Gently knead the pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place on a flat baking sheet.
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread sauce over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese and dot with pepperoni. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parmesan.
- Bake until browned, puffed, and bubbling, 16 to 20 minutes.
- To make the salad, slice romaine hearts in half lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and sear romain hearts cut side down until charred, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and coarsely chop. Drizzle with dressing, cheese, and croutons.
- Slice pizza.
- Spoon salad over slightly cooled pizza and serve.