- 2, 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse fresh cracked black pepper (if you have more fine ground black pepper, use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus much more for serving
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread drained and rinsed chickpeas in a single layer across the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle finely grated cheese over the mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, tossing the mixture twice during baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool enough to touch. Sprinkle with more finely grated cheese, place in a serving bowl, and sprinkle with more fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!
- Store the roasted chickpeas in an air tight container at room temperature.