- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 for 1 blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 handfuls dark chocolate chips or chunks
- ice cream for serving
- Lightly grease an 8-inch oven-proof skillet with olive oil. I used a pastry brush to brush olive oil around the sides of the pan as well. Set the pan aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, tahini, the egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk well to combine all of the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once to the wet ingredients and stir to combine completely.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookie, spread the dough in an even layer across the prepared pan. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until just baked through but slightly underbaked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Scoop a generous portion of ice cream on top of the warm cookie, grab some spoons and enjoy warm as the ice cream melts.