- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup turbinado or date sugar + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place a rack in the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In a medium bowl gently whisk together oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together. The dough will seem wet and soft. That’s right!
- In a small bowl mix together turbinado or date sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls and toss in the cinnamon sugar to coat completely. Place on the prepared cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before stacking and storing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or freeze, double wrapped in plastic for up to a month.