A bold and flavorful egg recipe – totally suitable for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping cup diced yellow onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 4 – 6 large eggs
- Optional toppings:
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced avocado
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Strips
- Pickled Jalapeños
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onions and sliced bell peppers and press into as even a layer as possible. Let sauté undisturbed for 4-5 minutes to get a good bit of browning on them. Add the garlic, stir the mixture and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the slices and salt and stir until the spices are well distributed and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and black beans. Cook until the juices begin to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Create 4 wells in the tomato and bean mixture. Crack and egg into each well. Season each egg lightly with salt. Cover the skillet with a lid, reduce heat to low, and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes for soft eggs – longer for harder eggs,
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before spooning into bowls and serving. Top with any of the additional toppings listed above and enjoy!