Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan, line it with parchment paper so that two flaps hang over two sides and grease the parchment paper too. If you don’t have parchment paper, maybe foil would work but parchment is best.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, whisk in eggs, honey or maple, yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving some for the top. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, rotating the pan once during baking. It’s a long bake because the bread is super moist. Use a skewer inserted into the center of the bread to check for doneness – dry or a few moist crumbs means the bread is done – wet batter means the bread needs more time.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before running a butter knife around the edges and removing the bread to a wire rack. Cool to room temperature. Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and freeze or store in the refrigerator for up to five days.