Praline Bacon BLT Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 or 3 sandwiches
For the Praline Bacon:
- 12 pieces thick bacon
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
For the Sandwich:
- 2 ripe summer tomatoes
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- A few dashes of hot sauce (I like Crystal or Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- pinch of garlic powder
- 4 to 6 slices of sour dough or whatever bread you like.
- First make the praline bacon. Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay bacon slices in a single layer across the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl toss together pecans sugar and black pepper. Sprinkle in an even layer over the partially cooked bacon. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes until browned and bubbling. Remove from the oven and as soon as you can handle the slices, transfer to a wire rack over a few pieces or paper towel or a plate. If you place them directly on paper towel, they’ll stick to the paper as the cool.
- To assemble the sandwich, slice tomatoes and allow to rest on a double layer of paper towel or a clean lint-free kitchen towel. Flip once. Season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together mayo and a few dashes of hot sauce and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
- To assemble the sandwiches, toast the bread lightly (or don’t – it’s your sandwich). Spread both slices generously with spicy mayonnaise. Layer with 3 or 4 slices of bacon, seasoned tomatoes, lettuce, and the top of the bread. Give it a little smash, slice it in half if you’d like and enjoy!