- 1lb ground beef
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large russet potatoes, skin on, shredded on the wide side of a box grater
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Canola oil for frying tortillas
- Shredded iceburg lettuce
- Finely grated cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, sauté ground beef and shredded potato in olive oil until browned through. Use a spoon or spatula to break the ground beef and potatoa up as it cooks.
- Add all the dry spices and cook for 3 minutes more making sure that the ground beef is cooked though completely. Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasoning as you wish. Set aside, keeping warm on a very low flame.
- Add a few tablespoons of canola oil to a small saute pan and place over medium heat until oil heats through. Fry tortillas until each side is crisp and lightly golden brown. Drain tortillas on a paper towel.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture into fried tortillas. Add as much lettuce, salsa, and grated cheese as will fit in each taco. Add hot sauce. Fold and enjoy!