A light and bright summer watermelon salad with feta, quick picked cucumber slices, and chopped pistachios.
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 heaping cups bite-sized watermelon chunks
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shelled salted pistachios, coarsely chopped, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Flakey sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Place sliced cucumber in a small bowl. Top with vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and sugar and toss to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes while the rest of the salad is assembled.
- In a large bowl combine watermelon, feta, pistachios, chives, mint, and a good splash of olive oil and vinegar. Toss in marinated cucumbers, discarding the vinegar mixture left behind. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and top with more feta and pistachios. Sprinkle with salt and pepper just before serving. Chill until ready to serve.
Keywords: salad, summer, watermelon, feta, pistachios, joy the baker, summer salad, watermelon salad,