Sliced bananas cooked to golden in pancake batter making a perfectly playful weekend breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups (185 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk (actually any fat or any milk alternative works just fine)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 firm bananas, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, or powdered sugar for topping
- Blueberries or sliced strawberries are also nice
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large liquid measuring cup whisk together milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Submerge banana slices in pancake batter and use a fork to lift out. Gently shake a bit of the excess batter off the banana slice and transfer directly to the hot skillet. Continue with as many banana slices that will fit in the pan without overcrowding. Allow bananas to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm in a 250 degree oven until ready to serve. Serve with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, or powdered sugar to top.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 400
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrates: 56.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, pancakes, joy the baker, banana, banana pancakes