A perfectly sweet, salty, and crisp peanut butter cookie that is secretly gluten-free!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (you can use natural though I prefer a Skippy or Jiffy for this recipe)
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar (1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or very lightly grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl with electric hand beaters, combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Roll into small walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack or directly into your mouth. Cookies will last in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.