A classic, bright and creamy egg salad sandwich topped with crisp radishes and salty pickled red onions on soft potato bread.
For the Egg Salad:
- 8 hardboiled large eggs, peeled
- 3–4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole grain or dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1–2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
To serve: picked red onions, very thinly sliced radishes, untoasted potato bread, mayonnaise
- To first make quick pickled red onions, in a medium bowl combine 1/2 a red onion sliced very thin. In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the onions, stir and place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- To make the egg salad, finely chop hardboiled eggs. Add to a medium bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread bread slices with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Top with as much egg salad as you’d like followed by pickled red onions and sliced radishes. Enjoy!