The easiest double chocolate cookie made with brownie mix!
- 1 (18 ounce) box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup (64 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with electric hand beaters, combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chunks and mix well, scraping down the sides as needed. The dough will be very sticky. Use a spatula to fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chunks.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Press a few chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes to start, cookies should have a thin film on top and the batter should no longer be glossy, should still be able to see small ripples of darker batter. DO NOT OVERBAKE THESE COOKIES. They will cook up fast and can dry out easily if cooked too long. Every oven is different, so do a few in a test batch to see how long they need.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Consume immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to one week (if they last that long).
If you aren’t using Ghirardelli Brownie Mix be sure the mix you’re using includes baking soda. If not, add 3/4 teaspoon baking soda to the batter.
Keywords: chocolate, brownie, cookie, chocolate chips, sprinkles, after school cookies, easy cookies, brownie mix