An easy and sweet dinner party appetizer with cookies and espresso. In the winter it’s really nice to replace the ladyfinger cookies with store-bought gingersnap cookies. Recipe adapted from just slightly from Dan Pelosi.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 lady finger cookies
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 4 large espresso shots (cool, or at room temperature – no need for it to be hot)
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or a large bowl with an electric hand mixer), whip cold cream to very soft peaks. Add the sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and spices and whisk to stiffer but still soft and spoonable peaks. Taste and add more cinnamon if you’d like.
- Gather four rocks glasses or fancy goblets. Crumble three cookies into the bottom of each glass. Spoon a generous amount of cream over the cookies. Top each glass with another three crumbled cookies and another generous layer of cream. Dust each glass with a layer of cocoa powder. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge, remove the plastic wrap and top each glass with a shot of espresso. Enjoy!
Keywords: tiramisu, affogato, easy dessert, dinner party dessert