The most epic part of Thanksgiving leftovers in one mega sandwich!
For the Gravy Mayo:
- 1/2 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- About a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup leftover gravy, chilled
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- Few cracks of black pepper
For the Turkey Sandwich:
- Sliced potato bread, toasted or untested to your pleasure
- Leftover turkey, slices or bits
- About 1/4 cup cold stuffing per sandwich, plus more to your liking
- About 2 tablespoons cold cranberry sauce per sandwich, plus more to your liking
- Green leaf lettuce (I prefer red leaf lettuce for this sandwich)
- First make the gravy mayo. We’re making more than we need for a single sandwich because once you discover this life hack, you’re going to want this mayo on every turkey sandwich for now until forever.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Add the gravy and continue to whisk, working out any lumps to create a smooth gravy mayo. Add the fresh herbs and a few cracks of black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as you’d like.
- To assemble the sandwich, generously smear gravy mayo on both slices of bread for every sandwich you’re making. Lay lettuce across the top side of each sandwich, layer with stuffing, spreading to a relatively smooth layer. Top the bottom side with turkey slices and cranberry sauce.
- If this doesn’t feel right to you, layer your sandwich however you’d like, of course.
- Smash together, slice in half and enjoy!
Keywords: thanksgiving, leftovers, duke's mayonnaise, the best sandwich ever