Vanilla Pecan Cakelets
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans for topping
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 6 liners or set six free standing cupcake liners on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bow, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the oil, milk, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared cups. Sprinkle with pecan pieces and a bit of sugar. Slide the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Moist crumbs should cling to the toothpick but no wet batter.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy warm the day they’re made!
- Serving Size: 6