Let It Be 2017!
We’re supposed to have clinked our champagne glasses, and dusted the dirt or flour off our hands as 2016 has come to an end. These firm endings and stark beginnings always feel like a lurch to me (and Mariah Carey would agree, amiright?) . A little bit like stepping on the gas pedal and looking in the rearview mirror at the same time. That’s an unsafe analogy, so let’s be careful to look back knowing that we’ve got some good work and big love to look forward to in the new year.
Also a lot of pot pies and cookies and quality time to pack into another year.
Let’s ease in. Here’s some reading to see us through:
• More Reasonable New Year’s Resolutions for 2017. Spot on with the cheese on a plate. Spot on. It’s all about setting ourselves up for success with reality firmly within our grasp.
• I’d file this under, YAS QUEEN: Serena Williams reflects on her career.
• What’s the difference between European and American butter? Just so you know, for after the New Year’s juice cleanse.
• A very good listen from last Fall. Vision and perseverance and Al Pacino: FreshAir with Francis Ford Coppola on The Godfather.
• Quick question, how does your house smell?
• If getting your finances in order is part of your plan for the new year, I feel ya and I gotcha covered! Pro Tips: Ask a Financial Planner.
• One of last year’s most inspiring books: Grace Bonney’s In The Company of Women
• My favorite albums of last year: Joseph’s I’m Alone, No You’re Not
• My favorite body product, face treat, and hair splurge of last year.
• Three more sleeps until we can eat King Cake for the season! No that we’re counting… we’re totally counting though.
Happy New Year. Thank you for all of the love and support and good vibes you bring to this space. I’m wish you well in the new year. I’ll be here will all sorts of savory + sweet recipes to help make our days more warm and delicious.