Let It Be Sunday, 153!
I’ll tell ya what? New Orleans is seeing some slightly warmer days this weekend, it’s the start of Mardi Gras, I’ve just popped a King Cake in the oven, and I’ve already decided which cocktail I’m going to enjoy when I head to dinner tonight. We’re rolling into this year with a city-wide, month long party and I’ve got my glue guns and glitter ready to go costume. What did I do before I lived in New Orleans? I have no idea…
I hope this days finds you well and warm. Free of fire and fury- just settling into this Sunday.
Here are our links for reading this week:
• Some inspiration to be stronger and more kind than we even think possible for ourselves. Two boys carjacked an 80-year-old Baltimore City Councilwoman. Now she’s there advocate.
• An unexpected love story thank goodness.
• Look around, we’re SUPER not ok. The Year Climate Change Began To Spin Out Of Control
• There’s a reason using a period in a text message makes you sound angry. If someone sends me this text message “Ok.” we’re very obviously in a fight and there’s a problem.
• The opposite of toxic masculinity ruining the party again: Examples of Toxic Femininity In The Workplace.
• Maybe She’s Born With It… Maybe It Something Else. For me it’s: oreo cookies, yoga, and gin.
• A history of breaking rules, now with coffee: The Lady Falcon Coffee Club.
• I love these weekly food diaries and this one in particular is pleasingly real: Deb Perelman’s Grub Street Diet.
• I’ll tell you what, being cold is not relative. Being cold is being cold, whether you live in New Orleans or Portland Maine. I think we’ve all been cold and in need of comfort this week. I’ve been on a double sock + slipper kick that’s keeping me safe from my drafty floors. I’ve also roasted every vegetable in my house. See: Roasted Vegetable Winter Crumble.
• Currently listening to this on audiobook: Jodi Picoult’s Small Great Things.
• For some reason, as much as I travel, I always have a hard time figuring out how to consolidate my face wash into a travel size to take with me. Problem solved: Papaya Enzyme Powder Facial Cleanser.
• Listen… we just NEED cake right now. It’s non-negotiable: Chocolate Orange and Nutmeg Cake.
Take good care today, and have some dang cake.