- 12 ounces (1 box) rice krispie cold cereal
- 16 ounce bag large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- heaping 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place the rice krispies in a very large bowl. Set aside.
- Butter a 9×13-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together the marshmallows and butter. Stir as the mixture melts until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the rice krispies. Sprinkle in most of the salt. Stir until all of the cereal is coated in marshmallow. Add most of the chopped pistachios.
- To make pressing the mixture into the prepared pan easier, grease your wooden spoon (even if it’s covered in sticky rice krispie treats) with butter.
- Press into the pan. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pistachios and use your fingers to press them into the treats.
- Allow treats to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This will make the treats easier to slice and handle.
- Melt together chocolate and coconut oil. Dip the corner of each treat into the chocolate and allow to rest on a parchment lined baking sheet until set. Speed the process up by chilling the treats in the refrigerator until set.
- Wrap individually, share, and enjoy!