It’s Sunday and aren’t we glad!
I spent much of this week in Oklahoma (Oklahoma!!), signing cookbooks and visiting Ree’s ranch, feeding cattle, gawking at wild mustangs, and incorrectly answering ranch trivia questions from Cowboy Josh. My city roots are strong. I don’t know much about cows. This has become very clear.
Here’s the thing about these book signings. First, THANK YOU for coming out. Second, the more strangers I stand in front of is directly related to the amount of ex-boyfriend stories I awkwardly share. More strangers. More stories. It’s a ridiculous quirk.
I’m home for a bit and trying to wrap my mind around Thanksgiving. Luckily the Internet is exploding with cranberry sauce recipes (straight face emoji). Are you in the turkey spirit? Not to worry, we’ll get there together.
Here is what the Internet was trying to tell us this week:
• Let’s go ahead and know what’s going on with our President and his upcoming immigration reform. Executive order is a big deal.
• This Frontline Documentary is really interesting: The Rise of ISIS.
• We celebrated Veteran’s Day this past week and this short audio recording is so real and raw and important. A Marine’s Parents’ Story: The Memories You Should Hear.
• “The examination to become a London cabby is possibly the most difficult test in the world — demanding years of study to memorize the labyrinthine city’s 25,000 streets and any business or landmark on them.” The Test To Become A London Cabby
• From Gawker: Both You and Morgan Freeman Are Wrong About Racism
• Science says relationships come down to two basic traits. This article has some really great thoughts! Are we masters or disasters?
• Sorry I Murdered Everyone, But I’m An Introvert. These things happen.
Happy Sunday to you! I love you and can’t wait to cook for us next week.