Mellow, spiced and soothing Winter elixir.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 inches fresh ginger, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a medium saucepan combine lemon juice, half of the water, honey, ginger, and spices. Bring to a simmer, stir until honey is dissolved, and remove from heat.
- Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Add the remaining water.
- Refrigerate until chilled through. Serve over ice! Enjoy!