- 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- about 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large handful dark chocolate pieces
- granulated sugar for coating cookies.
- To cook the bacon, place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay uncooked bacon on top of the foil in a single layer. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through, browned, and crisp. Remove from the oven and place on a plate to cool before chopping for the cookies.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and baking soda and mix until well combined. Fold in cooked bacon and chocolate pieces.
- Roll into large walnut sized balls and if you’d like, roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before placing on the cookie sheet and creating a cris-cross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to… your mouth.