These cookies are asking for your attention. Not so much begging or pleading, but asking nicely for you to pay attention.
They’re here to tell you that they’re a little to big, a little too sweet, have a little too much bacon, and yea… too much chocolate, too. They’re crisp and they don’t care about your affection for chewy. They’re gluten-free, but really… they never needed gluten in the first place. They’re the boss. They know it. Don’t play.
Get on the bandwagon before these cookies raise their voice. Nobody wants that.
See also: Peanut Butter Bacon Pancakes. Sorry. Also, not sorry.
These cookies are so easy you’re going to feel like you’re cheating… like you’re getting way with something… like you’re part human and part bacon-cooking genius. (Because bacon-cooking geniuses aren’t human. We all know that.)
Peanut butter plus two sugars: granulated and brown. A one to one ratio. Once cup peanut butter and one cup sugar.
We’re off to a good start.
An egg too.
Maybe a dash of vanilla extract if you’re feeling extra fancy.
And we can’t forget the baking soda.
But that’s it!
There’s no flour in these cookies. They’re the ultimate in gluten-free because there never was any gluten to begin with!
The cookies stick together with the magic of peanut butter and egg. It’s a baking science that we should just acknowledge, accept, and appreciate.
The cookie batter will be rather thick, a bit greasy (don’t be scared), and maybe a bit grainy, too (still don’t be scared).
Add chopped bacon and chocolate: generous and aggressive.
Rolled into large balls making sure to get lots of bacon and chocolate in each cookie.
Rolled in sugar. That’s just the way of the peanut butter cookie.
Big, stacked, sweet, salty, peanut butter-y GOOD!
If you’re still reading this please stop. Stop right now and go make these. They will win you friends, lovers, allies, and admirers. These are true words.Print
Peanut Butter Bacon and Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- about 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large handful dark chocolate pieces
- granulated sugar for coating cookies.
- To cook the bacon, place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay uncooked bacon on top of the foil in a single layer. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through, browned, and crisp. Remove from the oven and place on a plate to cool before chopping for the cookies.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and baking soda and mix until well combined. Fold in cooked bacon and chocolate pieces.
- Roll into large walnut sized balls and if you’d like, roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before placing on the cookie sheet and creating a cris-cross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to… your mouth.