- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl combine the carrots, garbanzo beans, chopped dates, green onions, cilantro and chopped pistachios.
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, zest and juice of limes, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the feta cheese and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 4