Good morning! Happy day after Halloween! If you’re waking up in your elephant costume onsie, with emo eye makeup smeared all over your face, or with green body paint all over your sheets… not to worry… I ate my weight in peanut butter m&m’s last night and watched enough scary movies to keep up wide awake through the new year so… we all have our stuff.
Throw the sheets in the wash, will some coffee into your mug, and spend your daylight savings hour with me. I’m an internet expert… which isn’t true at all, but I did gather some interesting bits from here and there.
• This is why you hate the sound of your own voice on recordings. But also… what if you don’t hate the sound of your own voice? What kind of terrible narcissist does that make me?
• Why Siri Sounds Like A Lady. Because we’re just so dang pleasing.
• My Dark California Dream. Is California… over? Is that even possible? (Not really…)
• A bread-related weekend read. Industrial production destroyed both the taste and nutritional value of wheat. One scientist believes he can undo the damage: Bread is Broken.
• Adele is here, and we’re all ready and listening.
• Stop stressing about how much you’re stressing and read about How Stress Makes You Sick. Yoga helps.
• If Your Period Was A Person. It’s all just too too real.
• You’re not deathly allergic to garlic… you just don’t like garlic. Don’t be a dick. Food Allergy Fakers Need To Stop
• Vitamin Biscuits from the creator of Blue Print Cleanse. More reason to eat cookies! As if we needed them.
• In case you’re wondering what to get me for Christmas (I know you’re not…). It’s THIS KNIFE. Or THESE KNIVES. Do not care about designer shoes or good manicures. Care very very much about good kitchen stuffs.
• Bet you didn’t know you couldn’t live without these Pineapple Tumblers. Sorry.
• The Ripped Bodice: a could-be, would-be, will-be romance bookstore in Los Angeles.
• Sometimes when I need a pick-me-up, I watch old Soul Train videos while I’m making my morning coffee. What I wouldn’t give to work a Soul Train line: Rock Steady. So much great knee-work.
• The new Polaroid Cube is out and I’m not going to lie: I WANT ONE.
• Stick garlic in the butt and get to roasting: Engagement Roast Chicken (not your butt).
Have a very very happy day.
The Queen of Dreaming
Had so much fun with this ;)
On my way to NOLA to look at wedding venues for my daughter’s destination wedding. Any ideas?
I am catching up on your latest posts right now with a good cup of tea, of course – except I almost *ALMOST* spat an entire mouthful of it across my computer screen because as a matter of fact, for Halloween I went as The Hulk and yes, I did wake up with green body paint all over my sheets. Thanks for the laugh! :)
This beautiful piece of writing is always at the forefront of my mind when “food faddists” come up. Written by a woman with celiac disease, it urges compassion and understanding for people who are, like she was, desperate to find some relief for their medical symptoms and reclaim their health.
“I can think of something even more annoying than someone ordering rice pasta. It’s being sick without known cause or cure. A study of more than 1,400 primary care patients found that 22 percent of them had ‘multiple, medically unexplained physical symptoms.’ Here’s what happens when doctors can’t explain our persistent and impairing symptoms: We become suggestible. We follow fads. And then we get mocked for it.”
Ha ha ha, that video ‘if your period was a person’ just killed me. Thanks for the shares!
Is California was so hard to read but so painfully true!