Good morning! Happy day after Halloween! If you’re waking up in your elephant costume onsie, with emo eye makeup smeared all over your face, or with green body paint all over your sheets… not to worry… I ate my weight in peanut butter m&m’s last night and watched enough scary movies to keep up wide awake through the new year so… we all have our stuff.
Throw the sheets in the wash, will some coffee into your mug, and spend your daylight savings hour with me. I’m an internet expert… which isn’t true at all, but I did gather some interesting bits from here and there.
• This is why you hate the sound of your own voice on recordings. But also… what if you don’t hate the sound of your own voice? What kind of terrible narcissist does that make me?
• Why Siri Sounds Like A Lady. Because we’re just so dang pleasing.
• My Dark California Dream. Is California… over? Is that even possible? (Not really…)
• A bread-related weekend read. Industrial production destroyed both the taste and nutritional value of wheat. One scientist believes he can undo the damage: Bread is Broken.
• Adele is here, and we’re all ready and listening.
• Stop stressing about how much you’re stressing and read about How Stress Makes You Sick. Yoga helps.
• If Your Period Was A Person. It’s all just too too real.
• You’re not deathly allergic to garlic… you just don’t like garlic. Don’t be a dick. Food Allergy Fakers Need To Stop
• In case you’re wondering what to get me for Christmas (I know you’re not…). It’s THIS KNIFE. Or THESE KNIVES. Do not care about designer shoes or good manicures. Care very very much about good kitchen stuffs.
• Bet you didn’t know you couldn’t live without these Pineapple Tumblers. Sorry.
• The Ripped Bodice: a could-be, would-be, will-be romance bookstore in Los Angeles.
• Sometimes when I need a pick-me-up, I watch old Soul Train videos while I’m making my morning coffee. What I wouldn’t give to work a Soul Train line: Rock Steady. So much great knee-work.
• The new Polaroid Cube is out and I’m not going to lie: I WANT ONE.
• Stick garlic in the butt and get to roasting: Engagement Roast Chicken (not your butt).
Have a very very happy day.