Every now and again we need a little post-mid-week pick me up. Post-mid-week refers specifically to Thursday… because Wednesday is mid-week and Friday is a celebration. We’re looking Thursday smack dead in the eye and willing it to be Friday but you can’t make a leopard out of a lemur (which is totally a saying that I just made up and am definitely not deleting).
Here’s some inspiration to help us soar through this day, or at least the next fourteen to eighteen minutes.
• Sia singing Diamonds with rawness and realness. Also, her carpool karaoke is spot on. Lastly, raise your hand if you’re going to be Sia for Halloween. Too soon? Because I’m definitely raising my hand.
• I made a batch of soup today for a friend who is under the weather. It wasn’t very bloggable mostly because it was an instinctual chop, saute, and blend soup. Carrot, Sweet Potato, Ginger, Coconut Milk a riff on Minimalist Baker’s Coconut Curry Soup and my Carrot Apple Ginger Soup.
• I saw a lady on an airplane with this purse… and I thought ‘oh I’m going to look for that purse and treat myself’… and then I found it, and holy moly it’s expensive, and my pocketbook hid itself under my couch and says it’s never coming out.
• It’s Deviled Egg Season. We don’t have a minute to waste.
• My Maj Tracy suggested I listen to this episode of The Lively Show: How to Experience More Positive Emotions Everyday. It’s for everyone!
That’s all for Thursday. We’re making pancakes this weekend. Recipe tomorrow!