Hey friends! Good morning! Here we are staring a Monday straight in the face. There’s only one way to see it through. We’re going to need a stellar to-do list. Now… the secret to a solid to-do list is 1) including all the mundane crap you actually have to accomplish, 2) adding some easy-to-cross-off items to the list (to keep morale up), and 3) including some treats for yourself (as motivation and self-care).
Here’s some additions and suggestions for your Monday to-do list. I’m rooting for you! We’re going to make this day a good one.
• Oil pulling (Yea… we’re late but we’re doing this now) whilst laying in bed quick scrolling through email and Instagram.
• Wash face with that extra scrubby stuff for extra wakefulness.
• Pay the phone bill and the car payment and call the insurance people? It’s ok. These things are easy… give yourself fifteen minutes and knock it out. KO.
• Do the dishes while listening to this podcast: Beautiful Anonymous.
• Confirm that you are in fact wearing pants of some sort before leaving the house.
• Drink a bigger glass of water than you feel like drinking. Ideally with unsweetened cranberry juice.
• Procrastinate for a few moments by reading yesterday’s Let It Be Sunday post.
• Write the to-do list. See? We get to check this one off!
• If you find yourself getting stymied by lack of focus try the Pomodoro Technique. Essentially, work really hard and focused for 25 minutes, setting a timer, taking 5 minute breaks in between.
• Buy strawberries, pistachios, and whipped cream or heavy cream so we can please our future-selves with a crumble.
• Sign up for yoga after work.
• Actually go to yoga after work… don’t worry about the traffic getting there or the parking that’s annoying. It’s worth it.
• Monday night mellow rewards: Deep condition hair. Put on that face mask you never put on but always mean to. Treat yourself to that little bit of Easter candy still in the pantry, plus wine.
Unrelated note: Season 13 is the best season of Survivor. I know because I obviously can’t stop watching or talking about it. This phase will be over soon. Thank you for your patience with me.
Let’s make Monday great!