Hello dear friends.
You’re killin’ it this weekend! I see you at the beach, dipping your toes in the river, at pool parties with pink cocktails, next to waterfalls… I mean, you’re everywhere according to Instagram. You’ve got summer well within your grasp and it’s looking great! I just made it back to New Orleans after a few weeks of travel and if you need me, I’ll be face first in a big bowl of homemade pasta. This week I’m excited to get back in the kitchen which means we all need to stock up on butter. Lots of sweet and savory recipes in the works.
Enjoy this beautiful day. Hopefully there’s sunshine, you have great hair, and haven’t forgotten the sunscreen. These are the days. These are them!
Here’s some of the world via Internet:
• Empathy is a choice (and it really does seem like it plays favorites).
• What happened the night of the Benghazi attacks… just in case you don’t know why everyone is talking about it.
• Welcome to the arrest capital of the United States. It’s just across the river from New Orleans.
• Confessions of a payday lender: Money For Nothing.
• What the actual F is going on? “Raul Ramirez to be sentenced to three years in prison for case with similarities to Stanford sexual assault case for which Brock Turner will serve only six months”. Stanford trial judge overseeing much harsher sentence for similar assault case.
• Think piece: What is a man for?
• Many Women Prefer to Groom Citing Hygiene (and baffling doctors). Others prefer to spend money on things that don’t involve ripping hair from their precious bathing suit area.
• I’m sorry I can’t make it… it’s just that I really don’t want to hang out. Apparently, everyone lies to avoid hanging out with each other.
• Here’s what I’m making today for friends: Easy Summer Shrimp Boil. I highly suggest you make yourself a boil this summuh.
• Hedley and Bennett’s lady chef coat. This is what we need.
• My first Facebook Live is tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon! Follow me here. We’re making weeknight dinner and dessert, because we’re coming back from a long holiday weekend but we’re still civilized adults who need to eat.
• This is such a snazzy summer dress. Playful and bold blue.
• My most exciting purchase this week is for my teeth. I’m civilized and responsible and thinking about gum health.
Enjoy this day! Fireworks and such.