Hello my friends. We’re staring August straight in the face and I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t really made the time to treat myself to summer. Of course I’m talking about my Summer Bucket List. How are your summer days coming along? I hope you have a few new freckles on your shoulder and maybe a little sand in weird places. That’s just a sign of good living, right? I’m going to find the beach this week. I’ve got to. We’ll be buying mechanical pencils and eating Sweet Potato Pie before we know it.
Here’s some of the Internet from the week. I wish you a restful and peaceful day, with sunflowers:
• It would be best if you read the following link whilst reclined and relaxing. The reason why exhaustion and burnout are so common. Can’t we just balance our humours and carry on with it? (I guess, no.)
• We’re pushing past the burnout. Here’s a very un-Oprah thought: Don’t Think Too Positive. “Positive thinking impedes performance because it relaxes us and drains the energy we need to take action.” What’s the balance between daydream positive goal thoughts and slight anxiety motivation?
• It’s not just an introvert and extrovert scale. Why Declaring ‘I’m an Introvert’ Limits Your Life.
• I really enjoyed this thoughtful article about What’s It Like To Be a Food Writer Right Now with Food52’s Amanda Hesser and Saveur’s Adam Sachs.
• Have you ever wondered? What’s the deal with the food at TJ Maxx? It’s part treasure hunt vibes and part contrived scarcity. I’m always suckered in with the ‘compare at’ pricing sticker. Who doesn’t love a deal (or the thought of a deal)?
• The Big Business of Birthdays. We live in a Facebook world and birthdays have been Internetted and coded.
• New rule: Brainstorming is Dumb. This is a relief to me. Brainwriting is the ticket.
• Perhaps this will be helpful to you: 7 Shut-It-Down Responses to ‘When are you having a baby?’
• Consider this for the ice cube tray. It’s the Secret Weapon Stir Fry Sauce with spinach and fresh herbs and forward thinking.
• This is just what we need, I’m sure of it: Roasted Corn Chowder.
• I’m making this Italian bread this afternoon. Put your eyes on this beauty from King Arthur Flour: Pane Bianco.
• Brand new Amos Lee is available for preorder and it’s hearty and beautiful.
Enjoy this beautiful day.