Below is your moment, several moments, of intentional Internet diversion. It’s been crafted with love and care on a couch in New Orleans while watching season 9 of Grey’s Anatomy and eating the above Drake on Cake. It’s all very serious business over here.
I’ve been prepping today for some travels to Philadelphia, New York, and London. You sure can follow along with the good times on Instagram where there will be plenty of photos and stories and you can be as nosy as you’d like.
Enjoy this day! We’re in it. We can pump our fists above our heads in victory. Action makes the feeling, let’s go!
The Internet (some, not all):
• This is New York in the not-so-distant future. From one sinking city to another, I feel you, yo. (That last sentence really is no way to address climate change. Sorry.)
• Rodrigo Duterte, explained sorta. Lordy.
• Our parents discovered leisure. We killed it. Last week I wrote about taking up embroidery as my new hobby… my new hobby that has nothing to do with the kitchen or the Internet. Away from work but still creative and productive. We’ve replaced leisure hobbies with entrepreneurship and productivity, but what are the consequences of monetizing your bliss?
• Let’s never be done adventuring big and small: 36 Hours in Cambridge, Mass.
• This is one of the best things I’ve read this week. From Stacy London: How I Moved On from my What Not To Wear Style. I appreciate the words of a wise woman living an unconventional lady life.
• What did we even do before we Draked things? I don’t know. Probably nothing. Namasdrake
• The Bachelorette Happened To Me = Really scared / want to go home.
• How to pick the fastest line at the grocery store. Here’s how: Ignore your instincts, close your eyes, keep them closed if possible, turn off your brain… just turn it right off. Breathe deeply. Carry on realizing you’re important, but not important enough to be able to do anything substantive in altering the speed of the line. Realize everything is going to be fucking fine, ok? Ok.
• I’m not the biggest sports fan, mostly because I don’t come from a very sporty family… BUT I do love stories and the sports world is full of beautiful, heart-wrenching and inspiring stories of people trying their best agains roadblocks and all. This show on Netflix was just SO SO good: Last Chance U.
• Headed to London, eating at Ffiona’s.
• Seeing Amos Lee live in Philly today! If he hits your town you gotta go see this dude and his band.
• Buying hyacinth bulbs because suddenly I’m a person that reads the farmer’s almanac. I dunno. Last week I bought cashmere soap. It’s all uphill from him. Uphill = classy AF.
• Things that I made and took one picture of: Deb’s Salty Peanut Butter Cookies
Have a very fine day. I’m glad we’re here together.