Hello dear friends!
We’re in the crunch of it, aren’t we? Have you done all the things you might need to do, like mail those holiday cards? (Mine are on the floor next to my bed, half written, almost done, thank you Minted!) Have you shopped and crafted and shipped and geez… my answer is No. Not yet. I’m getting there… but first let me watch this episode of 20/20 about JonBenet Ramsey because priorities.
This weekend I hosted the first workshop in The Bakehouse! We hade an oven full of Apple Cranberry Pies, laughed so much, and made new friends! It’s my most favorite thing, welcoming you into the studio for real-life cooking and connection. We’ve got a lot of making and baking to do in the year to come. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, that’s where I’m announcing the workshops right now.
Speaking of The Bakehouse! The KitchenAid giveaway is still going strong. We’re giving away loads of small appliances and an entire KitchenAid suite of appliances. Check it, here!
I hope you are well and holding on tight in this crazy world. You have my love. Here’s some of the Internet:
• I feel like this is a really important question to ask: What is happening in Aleppo? The toll on its human population is astounding. Here’s What Aleppo Looked Like Before Shelling Began
• The History of the First African-American White House- and what came next. “Barack Obama’s victories in 2008 and 2012 were dismissed by some of his critics as merely symbolic for African Americans. But there is nothing “mere” about symbols.”
• Homeless U: First Shelter For College Students Opens Its Doors. A strong reminder that when you’re on your own to make a living, educate yourself, and deal with everyday life…life is not easy, not easy at all.
• Take a moment to look at this NYT piece on Yemen: We Visited The Place the World Has Forgotten
• 13 Food Trend Forecasts For The Next Year. I mean… I’m always down for technicolor sprinkles.
• The Mysterious Allure of La Croix’s ‘Natural Flavor’. To me it feels more like a light fragrance hidden in carbonated water bubbles.
• A great podcast I feel lucky to have been a part of: We Could Make That Podcast
• Jon made these Hot Chocolate Cookies with Toasted Marshmallows and they seem exactly right- like Winter S’mores!
• This bumped every other book on my reading list right now… Hi, Anxiety: Life With A Bad Case of Nerves by food writer Kat Kinsman.
• I’m taking a break from social media… but lemme just show you this Avocado Toast right quick. OMG, right?
• Very topical advice: 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Freezing Cookies
• What’s for dinner? This week’s Pan-Seared Salmon with Roasted Vegetables and easy yogurt sauce.
Enjoy this day! Happy Sunday to you!