Good morning Good morning! Happy Sunday!
This week found me in Seattle, all up in my sister’s ice cream kitchen. In Portland, eating some of the best pasta I’ve had in a great while. In San Francisco taking a bike tour around the Mission District and hanging with my MAJ Tracy. And… in Los Angeles, sleeping in my high school bed. It’s been filling and fun, exhausting, and I can’t seem to leave an Airbnb or city without accidentally leaving something behind. RIP to the forgotten travel shampoo, toothbrush, and computer charger. All of you who have come out to my demos and book signings (I’m especially talking about you ride or die Portland folks)… you’ve filled my heart completely. I thank you and I hope big brunches are in your future.
Here’s some reading for your weekend. You know how we do:
• Here are the things us bakers know well in our hearts and but may not always materialize into words: Why it feels so good to bake.
• Real talk: every month I have a … WAIT please HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS… moment about my body and its lady functions. Raise your hands if you wore pads for way too long.
• Pay attention: Could Michael Flynn turn on Donald Trump?
• It’s not generally my practice to concern myself with what millennial men want, but this is an interesting read: Do Millennial Men Want Stay-At-Home Wives. Ok, so who is writing the companion piece: Do Millennial Women Care What Millennial Men Want Or Can They Just Live Their Lives… ok great.
• Lawn to Earth: in Los Angeles, the landscape of front lawns has changed dramatically. There’s just no water for green green status-grass. Here’s what that change looks like.
• Science says it’s fine / we’re fine. People who talk to their pets, plants, and cars are actually totally normal. Ok follow-up question: What if you talk FOR your pets, plants, and cars?… because I’ve had full on conversations using my voice and my voice for Tron. As I type that out I realize it’s not normal… ok got it.
• The best way to incorporate a vegetable into a cinnamon roll: Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls
• I’m still hopping around the country signing books and it’s really so great to meet all of your who have some out so far! I’ve added a Philly signing to the list! I’ll be at Head House Books in Philadelphia on Sunday April 9th! You’ll find more dates and cities, here!
• If you bought Over Easy on Amazon and have feelings about it- any kind of feelings… you could review the book! Your review would probably be better / more helpful that the woman who gave the book three stars after looking at another reviewer’s screenshots of the book. So… you know… the Internet is great.
• Can I work this dress all Summer 17?
• I bought this book used. It feels like someone put some love into it and I’m saving it as my summer read. As Always, Julia: the letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto.
I hope your Sunday is feel-good!
I see how great you are.
Pictured above is The Women’s Building, San Francisco.