Hello dear friends!
It’s feeling very much like Spring here in New Orleans, with warm days and high humidity and reason enough to go outside and weed the garden. It’s a peek at the steamy days ahead and I’m not even mad about it.
The best part about Spring in New Orleans is Jazz Fest. I hope you get to be here for a day or two to enjoy the festivities. It’s sweaty. Also… definitely get a daiquiri. I’m headed to Los Angeles next week for my dear friend Whitney‘s wedding. Two things: I still don’t know what I’m going to wear aaaand I’ll be making her wedding dessert: a riff on this Bourbon Pecan Pie.
Be well this Sunday. I’m sending you my Springtime love and these links from around the Internet:
• I really enjoyed this sentiment from my favorite baker, Dorie Greenspan: Baking Is All in the Hands. She’s right. You’ve got to hold a lot of dough before you know. It’s worth it, every bit.
• I listened to this very important bit of inspiration from Elizabeth Gilbert this week: Choosing Curiosity Over Fear. Ideas have great desire to be made. I really like that.
• Vulnerable and unbelievably strong and beyond, much further beyond Lean In. It’s really incredible and inspiring how we grow: Sheryl Sandburg’s Accidental Revolution Thank you for passing this along Jessi.
• If you’re feeling like you need to cry about a tortoise… I understand: My Touchstone and A Heart of Gold
• We all get a little lonely sometimes, and also… massage relaxes you! (Yikes) The Faces Behind Craigslist “Strictly Platonic” Personal Ads
• Brb, gonna go cry my luxury nightmares to sleep. (I realize that sentence doesn’t quite stand up, but it’s staying.)
• According to this quiz: The Cheesecake Factory Quiz… I’m fresh out of high school and need to go make a positive impact on the world so… carry on. It was likely the Peach Bellini that made it so.
• To quote the 2011 film Bridesmaids staring Kristen Wiig, “Shit, that is fresh.” Also see: Fresh Blueberry and Mint Lemonade
• Spring time weekend breakfast love: Triple Berry Dutch Baby.
• Really very important: How To Buy The Right Rosé.
• Just ordered this smoothie booster because I really do trust my gut (but I’ll take all the help I can get).
• Let’s talk about these embroidered, slip-on loafers. Ok, good talk.
I think you’re wonderful, enjoy the day!
My love to you,