- 12 ounces (1 box) rice krispie cold cereal
- 16 ounce bag large or small marshmallows
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted to browned
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 16 Oreo cookies, chopped and crushed
- Place the rice krispies in a very large bowl. Set aside.
- Butter a 9×13-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together the marshmallows and butter. Stir as the mixture melts until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the rice krispies. Sprinkle in most of the salt. Stir until all of the cereal is coated in marshmallow. Add most of the chopped cookies.
- To make pressing the mixture into the prepared pan easier, grease your wooden spoon (even if it’s covered in sticky rice krispie treats) with butter.
- Press into the pan. Sprinkle with remaining salt and cookies and use your fingers to press them into the treats.
- Allow treats to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This will make the treats easier to slice and handle.
- Wrap individually, share, and enjoy!