Hello sweet friends!
I’m back in New Orleans after a few of the most fantastic summer days in Detroit, Michigan. I stayed long enough to know that I need to return soon for more food and friendship adventures. It’s a sincere, gritty, distinctly American town and I loved being there. Also, there are a strong group of food ladies on the hard hustle out in Detroit… it’s super inspiring. I’ll put up a short post about what I enjoyed in town, knowing that I need to visit again and again.
I hope your summer adventuring is sweet and fulfilling. I compiled this list of links for you because the world is just as beautiful and baffling as ever:
• I’m going to leave this remarkable human story right here for you: Kristin Beck: A Navy SEAL in Transition
• The real problem here is medium-sized boats: If You Give A Poor A Doctor.
• Thank goodness for the omelet guy: My Week on a Weight Loss Cruise.
• Vastly different from the mountains of food on a cruise ship: Here’s What It’s Like to Live in the Woods, Off the Grid.
• She’s really a force of a woman. I enjoyed reading this: Angelina Jolie Solo.
• Could you just be ever so slightly less tedious? The Reason Your Creative Type Has Broken Up With You
• For us murderinos: What I Know About My Best Friend’s Murder.
• This cake looks like the cake I want to stand by the fridge and eat in slivers: One Bowl Chocolate Sheet Cake with Simple Fudge-y Frosting!
• One of Deb’s very good ideas: Breakfast Slab Pie!
• Stop Being a Snob and Use Onion Powder. Chill on the name calling and ok.. yea. I feel the same way about garlic powder and Lawry’s Seasoning Salt.
• I’m watching the second season of Last Chance U on Netflix. It’s a show with a lot of heart but I’m torn because I ultimately feel like these dudes need to stop hitting each other so hard and protect their brains.
• Amen amen amen: Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Pie.
I hope it’s a really great day! Enjoy it all.