It’s been a wallop of a week for me between exciting work projects, trying relationships, and deeply sad family loss. I’m hoping that this Sunday offers a settling of heart, mind and body for me and… while I’m making wishes for myself, I have the same hopes for you. Essentially, I hope we all can just sit down and close our eyes for a spell.
Putting this post together is one of my favorite tasks in a week. I hope you enjoy this offering. I’ve heard some of your requests and added source mentions after each link so you know where you’re headed before you get there.
Have a lovely day – thank you for being here, ok?
• The youth aren’t having it with your ‘thoughts and prayers’, Senators. You hear them? Teenagers Demand ‘Never Again’ in an Age of Mass Shootings. (The Atlantic)
• So Hey, How Worried Should I Be About The Flu? (The Cut) Like… worried enough to wipe down every surface around my airplane seat and give major side-eye to anyone who has the audacity to cough in my general vicinity? Ok. Because that’s where I’m at.
• This saga: Worst Roommate Ever (New York Magazine)
• Pinterest worthy catch phrases really rub me the wrong way these days – unless they refer to me doing things like Beyonce. This little gem from McSweeney’s really hits the spot: An Open Letter To The Phrase “Positive Vibes Only”.
• Our girl Karen Kilgariff of our podcast My Favorite Murder has profound thoughts about self acceptance and ranch dressing. (AVClub)
• I Am A Masterchef Survivor. Y’all, reality television is ruff – don’t do it.
• My friend Nicole and I were discussing our desire for luxury living and we’ve decided that we need to save up for stonewashed linen bedding. Dreams, ok? (Food52)
• There are more Bakehouse workshops coming up! Check out the schedule! March is sold out but there are still spots in workshops this April and May! (Eventbrite)
• A Cozy Kitchen made this Cacio e Pepe Mac and Cheese that we all suddenly can’t live without.
• These little dreams are one of my favorite thing to make (and eat): Simple Jam Hand Pies.
• I realize that I might be among the few people who love… cabbage. Probably. Nevertheless, 5 Tips For Cooking Cabbage From Recipe Around The World. (The Kitchn)
• Listen up, I love a sneaker. These are special.
• Mad respect for the Single Lady Pancake! The version pictured above has lemon zest and poppy seeds and thawed blueberries on top and all-in-all it was a very good idea.
I love that bedding
Cabbage lovers UNITE!! Glad to know I’m not alone…
Getting to this a little later in the week… but aren’t hand pies basically sophisticated/OG pop tarts? Is that why I love them? I tried convincing friends that they should do fancy pop tarts as their NYE wedding dessert but it was no dice and something that I will always be a little sad about.
I cannot recommend linen sheets too highly. It has changed our sleep life, and this from 2 peeps who were diehard flannel lovers. They are soft and only get softer, are cool when they need to be and warm and light as a feather when you need that. Pure comfort, and that sounds like what you, and many of us, need. Thank you for all you do xoxox
I should make a interesting list like you, very attractive!
But mine is Let it go,Monday xD
I love cabbage. When I was in college (and admittedly, not always following the healthiest meal construction plans), I sometimes would slice a whole head of cabbage down, cook it on high with butter, salt, and pepper until it collapsed and got crispy little almost-burnt edges, and then eat the whole pan and call that dinner.
Julia in Byron
Thanks for posting the name of the site where your links will send us. Super helpful.