Hello sweet friends. I’m glad it’s Sunday. I’m glad you’re here. Today I’m teaching a Sweet Potato Pie workshop at The Bakehouse. It’s my favorite time of my year and my favorite kind of pie so it’s going to be a pretty sweet day. I hope it feels that way for you too.
This weekend I’ve also learned the wonders of the Falafel Waffle, a recipe in the book Food Wine. Andrea and Dana stopped by The Bakehouse yesterday to make brunch for a bunch of us. Overall – it’s a full weekend of gathering and connection.
Gathering and connection are the spirit of this time of year. Let’s remember. Let’s be intentional. Let’s make the time and take the time.
The offering this week is here for you. I hope you find something that you can connect with.
• Real recognize real (that’s both an extreme over simplification and an understatement): Michelle Obama interviewed by Oprah. OK!? (Elle)
• Consider the words Nano Influence. Here we are. (The New York Times)
• Money can’t buy you class, but it can roundabout buy you a private fire-fighting brigade to save your $50 million mansion? Kim Kardashian’s Private Firefighters Expose America’s Fault Lines (The Atlantic)
• The More You Know (maybe the less you wax?): What Are Pubes Actually For? (The Cut)
• Ladies we really need to discuss this amongst ourselves: Period-tracking apps are not for women. (Vox)
• Are we ok? The Ubiquity of Smartphones, As Captured by Photographers. (The Atlantic)
• Important information: Who Is Your Thanksgiving Soul Mate? (The Kitchn)
• There will be potatoes on our Thanksgiving table. The invitation is THESE BABIES: Sweet and Savory Mashed Potatoes with Fried Onions. (Joy the Baker)
• I’m already thinking about leftovers and can’t stress this sandwich enough. Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese. Just put brie on your Thanksgiving shopping list and save it for later. (Joy the Baker)
• My friend Jessica lives in London and shares all the important recipes from the BBC, especially when they involve cheese: Cauliflower Cheese. (BBC)
• Random Acts of Kindness : a few ideas.
I hope you enjoy today this Sunday!
My love to you!