Hello dear friends!
Welcome to this fine Sunday. I hope this finds you well, warm and dry from all the rain that seems to be falling everydangwhere.
The pride of my week was that I was able to roast and stock all of the wilting vegetables in my refrigerator. Most everything went onto a pan or into the stock pot and listen, I’ll count these small victories when I win them. As part of the Food in Jars Mastery Challenge I even turned six past-their-prime satsumas and blood oranges into shrubs with some forgotten rosemary and ginger. Truth is, things are going to be alright. Likely even better than alright.
The offering this week is on the lighter side. Although – thank you for all of your thoughtful comments on last week’s post. I am thankful for your presence here and the thoughts you share.
• Let’s talk about fried chicken: Popeye’s: when you know, you know. (Munchies)
• If I’m going to have milk in my coffee, yea sure – make it Super Milk. (Bloomberg)
• What’s absolutely insane is that corn is literally everywhere: What Life Is Like When Corn Is off the Table. (The Atlantic)
• Yea – these are most of the ways I adjust as a woman in the world. On Being a Woman in America While Trying to Avoid Being Assaulted (Paris Review via Ann Friedman)
• Here to tell you that you don’t need to be a mom to enjoy this read: To All The Mom’s I’ve Ignored Before (The Cut)
• I am fully fascinated by this lost gem of a New Orleans dessert: A Russian Enigma (64 Parishes)
• 9 Things You’re Probably Not Doing When You Clean (But Should Be). Now excuse me while I go soak my faucets in vinegar and baking soda. (The Kitchn)
• Ok here’s an important test: Who Wrote It: Edgar Allen Poe or an emo band? (Mental Floss)
• This isn’t important but I’m just going to leave this here for you in case you think, much like me, that it is important. Vanderpump Rules Recap: Old Hollywood Sham (Vulture)
• This cornbread looks like cake and I am here for it! Sweet Meyer Lemon Wild Blueberry Corn Bread from A Cozy Kitchen.
• Exclusively wearing sparkles from now until Ash Wednesday. (Asos)
Have the most lovely Sunday!
My love to you.