Hello dear friends!
Wow – isn’t every Sunday a wonder? Making it to this day is an accomplishment, to be sure.
This week I feel like I’ve put my forehead down upon a broom stick and run myself in circles. The current moment finds me a little dizzy from travel and car rental, and Waze following, and family visiting, and somehow working, and somehow chasing my dreams day in day out. Ya know? I’m sure you do. The minutia and the grandiose are certainly not mine alone.
What follows is most of the open tabs in my browser. Things I’m reading through this week, things I’m day dreaming about, weird stuff, hopeful stuff, little puzzled of reality. Take what you need and know that I’m out here wishing you well.
• This might be some much needed perspective: What we don’t talk about when we talk about serial killers. (The Cut)
• Important: The parking lot suicides. (Washington Post)
• This week’s long long read is really something: The Circus Singer and the Godfather of Soul. (CNN)
• I’m taking in a lot of baking enrichment this week. I had the opportunity to watch Carla Hall make biscuits at Nochi (her book Carla Hall’s Soul Food is fantastic!). I’m also taking a literal DREAM workshop with Tara (of Smoke Signals) and Christina (of Levee Baking Co.) here in New Orleans at the Mosquito Supper Club space. I know this is a lot of information but the moral of the story is – wow let’s be sure to keep learning things!
• Myths About Food A Majority Of People Believed 25 Years Ago. Fat is not the enemy. I know you know. (Digg)
• Honestly, I love this: The Sommeliers of Everything. Someone please point me towards the sommelier of everything bagel seasoning, thank you. (Washington Post)
• Brandi Carlile! If you don’t know, now you know. (Variety)
• A question that crosses my mind more than I’d like it to: what is anything? The Lonely Life of a Yacht Influencer. (Mel Magazine)
• Another pressing question answered: Why Does Everyone Suddenly Have Fake Fancy Teeth? (The Atlantic)
• Where there is no silverware and the accents drop like flies: An Evening at Medieval Times. (Serious Eats)
• In case you find yourself with a surplus of citrus and a blow torch: Meyer Lemon Brulee Bars. (Joy the Baker)
• Jon made the most lovely no-bake cheesecake for your Valentine’s Day consideration: No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake. (The Candid Appetite)
• This week I ordered flowers from Farmgirl Flowers for my mom’s birthday and gosh they’re just beautiful flowers thoughtfully delivered. If you need (and we all need to send flowers once in a while) – Farmgirl is the spot! (Farmgirl Flowers)
• Always always interested in adding to my cast iron collection. (Kaufmann Mercantile)
Enjoy this fine day!
My love to you!