Hello my friends!
I have so much to thank you for! Thank you for the kindness and understanding in my last post about the changes I’m making to my diet. Thank you for sharing your own experiences with chronic illness and diet change. You’re generous and I feel so thankful for your generosity. None of this is to say that I’m done with butter, because I’m not – I’m just exploring what makes my body feel best and I appreciate you being on this journey with me.
Thank you also for the recommendations and encouragement about sewing! I’m onto all of your suggestions and so thankful! Wow, y’all are crafty! Bless up!
I hope this week finds you steady and well. It’s spring and boy-howdy that full moon this week was a doozy. We’re making it through.
The offering this week is below. Take what you need and take good care of yourself:
• Important: The community left behind in Christchurch. (Reuters) An offering: White nationalism, born in the USA, is now a global terror threat. (The Conversation)
• This week’s long read: The Fertility Doctor’s Secret (The Atlantic)
• I very much respect Carla Hall’s open-door biscuit policy. This piece is a quick breath of fresh air: The Glorious Generosity of Carla Hall. (The Kitchn)
• Tina the Rabbit. How I Get It Done: Amy Sedaris (The Cut)
• A lot of personal growth is about recognizing patterns. It’s easy. It’s hard. A Five Minute Therapy Technique Everyday For Anxiety. (ThriveGlobal)
• Things you didn’t know you needed to know: Who Still Buys Whiteout and Why? (The Atlantic)
• Jon and I are planning a little trip to London this year. This will prove useful: How To (Wine) Bar Crawl Your Way Through London. (Tasting Table)
• Cream Scones vs Butter Scones – there is no wrong answer here. I’m making a version of these cream scones (tiny and with strawberries and white chocolate) this weekend at The Bakehouse. (King Arthur Flour)
• I’m going to remake this cake with both dairy and gluten free this week and I’ll share the recipe but DANG the invitation here is to brown up some butter and make your life better with this cake: Browned Butter Carrot Cake Bread (Joy the Baker)
• Weirdly, currently craving Chinese Chicken Salad… you know, like the candy salad from The Cheesecake Factory. (Delish)
• Here’s the cookie I’m making this weekend: Chocolate Tahini Cookies. (Tasting Table)
• Intrigued by charred scallions. (Food52)
• I love these sandals / not sandals for spring! (Lou & Grey)
Enjoy this day, won’t you?
My love to you!