Hello dear friends!
Welcome to another fine Sunday! We made it through January! I’m not alone in feeling like January was a full 7 years long, right!? Like… I full abandoned and then recommitted to my New Year’s Resolutions all within the first month of the year. What a trip, honestly. Let’s see what February has up its sleeve. Another month of hustling to make dinner / our own dreams come true? Sure. We’re up for it.
I hope this Sunday finds you well. I hope you give yourself what you need. Hydrate, if nothing else.
This week’s offering is a little bit of this and a little bit of that. We’re a little all over the place… and we’re off the grid with an emotionally unavailable man so… I apologize for getting us into that mess.
Please, as is always the invitation – take only what you need.
• We’re workin’. I know you know. The Second-Best Me I Could Possibly Be. (The New Yorker)
• Ask Polly: “I Moved Off-Grid With An Emotionally Stunted Older Man”. Woof… I mean, we can all relate in one way or another, right? (The Cut)
• A Night at the Door With Three Aspen Bouncers. (Punch – which… if you don’t already know – has the best wine and drink writing on the internet)
• A read: The New Trophies of Domesticity. (The Atlantic)
• Have you watched Cheer on Netflix yet? Lotta heart. Hard work and a lot of heart. And my friend Whitney talked me into watching a few episodes of Goop Lab and I really enjoyed the episode on aging. To be honest, I was pretty out on both of these shows because of the hype but good news… they’re great, duh. (Netflix)
• Our friend Scott Hocker speaks to my heart with this talk of Cream of Wheat: New Wave Chicken Fried Steak . (Taste)
• I’m working on my latest New Orleans guide but here’s a quick spoiler. If you’re in town anytime soon, please stop in for ice cream at Sundae Best at the Peter and Paul Hotel. (SundaeBestIceCream)
• This week I made sushi rice, onigiri, and some little lamb wontons I found on Instagram. I often need a kitchen adventure that I don’t have to document in photographs. What’s your next kitchen adventure, please?
• Instead of emptying the dishwasher I googled ‘why is it so hard to empty the dishwasher’ and came across this: 3 Smart Tips That’ll Make Unloading the Dishwasher Way Easier. Will it help? (The Kitchn)
• A sweetie little spice grinder. (W&P)
• These downloadable Galentine’s Day cards are so cute! Get on it! (Etsy)
Take good care today!
My love to you.