Hello my friends,
We’re here, smack dab in the middle of July, in the middle of the most wild time. How are you? How are we?
I was on a camping vacation last weekend (thank you for all your kind words about last week’s no-post) which makes coming back to current news and circumstances a little bit more of a gut punch. It’s ok. We’re just going to stay hydrated, and vote, and eat our salads, and take our vitamins and keep it moving because the only way out is through.
In weird and lasting quarantine hobbies I’ve taken up archery and I’ve learned how to throw a lasso (not while on a horse). Ya know – might as well. I’ve also been the one-woman camera crew for an IGTV show I’m launching tomorrow. I sweat over a cobbler. It’ll be worth the watch!
I hope this finds you steady as can be. I hope you’re allowed to be slow today.
The offering this week is below. Take only what you need.
• A long-expected turn for the worse. I know it’s summer but we can’t be out here actin’ a mess. (AP)
• There’s still so much we’re learning about his virus and this is not the time to be willy nilly without a mask ANYWHERE because Can Covid Damage the Brain? In line with other 2020 news it’s like… of course it can. (The New York Times)
• Confederate Statues Were Never Really About Preserving History. The monuments were used as symbols of white supremacy at times when Black were fighting for and under actual attack for their rights. Coincidence? No dude. No. (FiveThirtyEight)
• I’ve always been fascinated with the Supreme Court and now is a very interesting term due, in large part, to Chief Justice Roberts. It hasn’t been perfect, of course what is in government, but it feels like Chief Justice Roberts is helping to keep the court above current politics. The Political Genius of John Roberts (Slate)
• Are you going to delete TikTok? Honestly I think I have always been looking for an excuse to. (The New York Times)
• I’m out here trying to get someone to let me make a tv show and yet… We’re Going To Run Out of TV. Don’t worry. I don’t give up easy. (The Ringer)
• I don’t seem to be running out of television just yet – I’m watching the first season of 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way (woof some people really make their lives a wild ride) and the new Unsolved Mysteries which I devoured. (Hulu and Netflix)
• Handsome men in masks – we’ll allow it. (Elle)
• What to bake this week? How about this Tomato Cobbler with Blue Cheese Biscuits? It’s a classic from a few years back. Like my camping adventures and camping menu, I’m feeling a picnic blog post coming up soon.
• It’s that time of year when it’s just too hot for food. It’s not too hot for a Weelicious smoothie. I love her pregnancy smoothie (nope, I’m not), this chocolate peanut butter smoothie (of course I add coffee), and I love her book Smoothie Project for every combination and add-in under the sun.
• Very much present and available for these 31 Vegan Meal Planning Meals from Food 52. I feel overnight oats in my future.
Enjoy this day!
My love to you!