The best and easiest way to make weekend pancakes!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons lightly packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- A pat of butter for serving
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and salt. Whisk super well to aerate and fluff the eggs. You’ll see some air bubbles in the mixture after 2-3 minutes of whisking.
- Whisk in the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stream in the milk and vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to rest while you prepare the pan.
- If using a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat it on the stovetop over high heat. Melt butter in the skillet, swirling it up the sides a bit and remove from the heat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake until puffed and golden around the edges, 16-18 minutes.
- While the Dutch baby bakes, in a small bowl toss together chocolate chips, brown sugar, and salt.
- Remove the Dutch baby from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate sugar mixture. Add a pat of butter. Allow the chocolate and butter to melt while the Dutch baby cools a bit. Slice and enjoy warm with coffee.