Hello friends, good morning!
How are you? No really… how are you?
I’ve had one of those weeks where I surrender to the feeling that there simply aren’t enough hours in the day knowing that there are plenty and I’ve just loaded too much on my plate. It’s temporary like everything so, ya know, we good! I feel like I’m working for next week and for next year at the same time, not a complaint, actually cool, just a really bizarre juggle.
This week my friend Sarah offered me this perspective. She said when you’re juggling a lot of balls it’s helpful to identify which balls are glass – you can’t drop those, and which balls are plastic – you can let those fall to the ground. This week, a lot of plastic balls fell to the ground. Our Sunday post is a glass ball. The Sunday post stays in the air.
I haven’t read much newsy news this week. I hope you’ll forgive me. Our offering below is one of my most random offerings but it’s what simply what I have to offer this week. I’m writing this Thursday night ahead of a long weekend camping trip in the Texas hill country. Time and spaaaace!
Here’s our glass ball Sunday! As always, take only what you need and consider the rest plastic balls:
• Let’s take it to space for a rare rubble grab. I know it’s rubble but wow it’s so cool! (AP)
• This read is like taking one big, giant step outside ourselves and into a really lovely, sometimes achey, often vulnerable place. Best of: Parenting Around The World (Cup of Jo)
• This week I went to Target and I told myself that I would stay in the main aisle, that I would not venture off into the clothing and accessories and lose myself. I did a great job and only bought this dress that, to be fair, was on the end cap, so I stuck to my promise. (Target)
• One of my google searched this week lead me here, to five freezer marinades. We’re adults trying to keep our lives together and this is just part of it. (The Kitchn)
• Ok friends I know this is truly coming out of left field but we need to talk about Lenny Kravitz. Specifically we need to talk about Lenny Kravitz, his memoir, his scarf and his abs. Perfect timing, really. This week I also watched my friend Whitney’s Deep Dive into Lenny and Lisa and it was really so juicy and informative. We can not stress this enough: Let love rule. (GQ and Instagram)
• Fall cookbooks are rolling out and it’s such an exciting time for my ever-expanding library. I am deeply excited to cook from Ottolenghi’s Flavor and This Will Make It Taste Good from Vivian Howard. I feel like both of these books will make really great holiday gifts so – keep that in mind! (Book Larder)
• Let’s just take in this fleeting moment of FBI Agent Fox Mulder? Remember when we all wanted to be FBI agents because of Mulder and Scully or was that just me? (Instagram)
• To make: Pumpkin Pecan Scones with Brown Butter Glaze because… October, duh. (Joy the Baker)
It’s short and fluffy this week. Thanks for your grace about it.
Enjoy this day!
My love to you!