Hello friends! Happy Sunday to you!
Can you believe this is the first Sunday in June!? In my heart and body I’m somewhere between Thanksgiving dinner rolls and a sunburn. I’m working hard hard hard on the next Joy the Baker holiday magazine which means ALL of my baking lately is pumpkin or peppermint or Italian Christmas cookies when all I want to be doing is sipping frozen margaritas by a pool. I’m trying to gather as much holiday inspiration as I can as this fine summer approaches. It’s bizarre to say the least. I just asked my friend Suzonne if I could borrow her artificial Christmas tree for propping purposes. A Christmas tree in June. Maybe I just leave it up until the holiday?
This weekend I’ve been in Los Angeles celebrating my birthday with my entire Los Angeles family. And it’s not the last of my 40th birthday celebrations so… let’s just say I’ll be celebrating all year. It’s a blessing to be sure. And if I think about it – I’ve never been happier.
I hope this finds you happy, steady, healthy, and well. With cake and coffee, too.
The offering this week is below. You’re here. I’m so glad. Take only what you need.
• This week was the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa Massacre. It’s an American tragedy we’re just now recognizing nationally. Listen here and see What The Tulsa Massacre Destroyed. (The New York Times)
• The ugly truth behind your fancy rewards credit card. Not a dang thing comes for free and often it comes at the expense of others. That’s a hard truth that I hate. (Vox)
• I signed up for the 5-week Wall Street Journal Investing Challenge. It hasn’t started yet but I’m always trying to learn how to work the little money I have. (Wall Street Journal)
• Why We Watch Relationships Fall Apart. Because we’re in there. We’re all in there in some form. (The Atlantic)
• A Day With New York’s Bird Paramedics. You know that emoji face with the eyes welled up with tears. That’s me after reading this piece. (Curbed)
• Dear Ladyland – an advice episode from one of my favorite podcasts. I offer a piece of advice about dating in this episode. I don’t know who needs to here this but… (Ladyland.show)
• Don’t you want to make Father’s Day Peach Cobbler with us soon? (Eventbrite)
• Have you tried my cake and breakfast mixes with Williams Sonoma yet? Do you have a favorite? We’ve used the cakes to celebrate my birthday two weekends in a row and I have to say very humbly – they’re BOMB. If you’ve tried the mixes and care to leave a review on Williams Sonoma I’d be forever grateful. (Williams Sonoma)
• A plum tomato and tequila cocktail that caught my attention. (Instagram)
• We’re hydrated and happy this summer. Summer Water is a splash of wine and sparkling water with fruit and cucumbers of course. (Joy the Baker)
• I’d like to introduce you to my next cute but sensible shoe purchase: Tinja Sanita Clogs. (Sanita)
That’s all for today. Enjoy the rest!
My love to you.