A sweet and chewy cookie made with a combination of butter and brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. The dough is studded with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to create a delicious blend of melty chocolate and crunchy nuts. These cookies are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and hit with a bite of sea salt.
- 2 cups (254 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for topping the cookies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons, 169 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted and salted macadamia nuts, plus more for topping
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks, chips, or pieces, plus more for topping
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- Place butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl to mix with an electric hand beater. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and yolk and beat on low for 1 minute. Finally beat in the vanilla paste or extract.
- Add the dry ingredients, all at once to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat on low speed until the dough begins to come together and the flour just disappears. Stop the mixer, add the nuts and chocolate and finish incorporating the ingredients with a rubber spatula. Once all the flour is thoroughly mixed in, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour though overnight will create a cookie with less spread.
- Place a rack in the center and upper third of the over and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Dollop heaping tablespoons size balls of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will last, in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 5 days.
Keywords: cookies, white chocolate, macadamia nuts, classic cookie recipe, holiday cookie