Lately, this is my favorite egg salad sandwich recipe. Creamy and crunchy from celery and chopped red onion. Amped up with Duke’s mayo and a few big spoonfuls of cottage cheese!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread (I like white bread or a country loaf)
- Bibb lettuce leaves (optional)
- Peel and crumble the hard-boiled eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, cottage cheese, Dijon mustard, red onion, celery, and chopped dill (if using) to the bowl. Mix everything together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out the bread slices and evenly spread the egg salad mixture onto 4 slices. If desired, you can layer lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the bread before adding the egg salad.
- Place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of the egg salad to complete the sandwiches.
- Trim the crusts from the sandwiches and cut them diagonally into halves for a more appealing presentation, if desired.
- Serve the egg salad sandwiches immediately, or you can wrap them tightly in wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: duke's mayo, egg salad, sandwich recipe, sandwich series, cottage cheese