A summer sweet pitcher of lemonade.
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 scant cup brown or granulated sugar (not packed into the measuring cup)
- 1-inch fresh ginger, don’t worry about peeling it
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- crushed ice for serving
- In a blender combine chopped peaches (skin and all), sugar, ginger, and lemon juice. Blend to a smoothie-like consistency.
- Pour into a fine mesh strainer placed over a medium bowl and press the mixture through the fine mesh strainer leaving some of the peach skin and pulp behind. Discard what is left in the strainer.
- Pour the strained peach and lemon mixture into a pitcher. Add 4 cups of water and stir. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Pour over crushed or cubed ice and enjoy!
Keywords: lemonade, peach, ginger, summer, drinks,