Peak summer sipping is when fresh peaches meet juiced lemons and a knob of fresh ginger. A pitcher of this peach lemonade is the most refreshing answer to these dog days under the sun.
Summer came on fast and furious didn’t she? It’s like we looked up from spring’s short visit to skies blanketed in wild fire smoke and an unrelenting summer sun. Summer is my season, tho. I’d much rather be melting that frozen. I don’t mind a thick humidity and a constant sweaty glow. The only thing that can get me down in the summer is feeling dehydrated which… well, every other hour I feel dehydrated.
I want my summer drinks sweet and fruity. Sparkling is a bonus. Ice cold is non-negotiable.
I’ve been making fancy lemonades for the past few summers and when it’s made right, a pitcher is gone in a flash. I think a plain lemonade can feel a little…. thin. Add another summer fruit and a whirl in the blender? We’ve got some body, baby!
This particular peach lemonade can be made with overly ripe peaches or peaches who’ve languished in the fridge too long. It’s very forgiving.
For this peach lemonade, you’ll need these ingredients:
• fresh peaches, skin and all (though store-bought frozen peaches will do in a pinch)
• fresh lemon for juicing
• an inch-long piece of fresh ginger
• brown sugar or granulated sugar
• and filtered water
We’ll need a blender and a sieve to strain the lemonade. It’s also nice if you have a lounge chair under an umbrella right by the pool. We’re out here living our most hydrated, luxurious lives!Print
A summer sweet pitcher of lemonade.
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 scant cup brown or granulated sugar (not packed into the measuring cup)
- 1-inch fresh ginger, don’t worry about peeling it
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- crushed ice for serving
- In a blender combine chopped peaches (skin and all), sugar, ginger, and lemon juice. Blend to a smoothie-like consistency.
- Pour into a fine mesh strainer placed over a medium bowl and press the mixture through the fine mesh strainer leaving some of the peach skin and pulp behind. Discard what is left in the strainer.
- Pour the strained peach and lemon mixture into a pitcher. Add 4 cups of water and stir. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Pour over crushed or cubed ice and enjoy!
Keywords: lemonade, peach, ginger, summer, drinks,