Let’s call it Birthday Sunday… BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT IT IS! (That sentence slowly evolved into an Oprah voice. Just so you know.)
• French girls really know how to work their scarves! How To Tie a Scarf Like a French Girl.
• Dear Guy Who Just Made My Burrito. I CRIED laughing. Cried real tears. If you’ve ever eaten a burrito you’d understand. (Link contains explicit language, like a lot, because burritos are serious business.)
• I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of tiny charcoal grills on amazon. What a bizarre rabbit hole to find yourself in. It’s summer! I have a little courtyard. I want to charcoal it up perhaps with this little Lodge Charcoal Grill. Then there’s the whole charcoal and briquette rabbit hole. I never thought I’d be googling things like: Charcoal Briquettes and Lighter Cubes and Chimney Starters.
• Can we talk about Oprah Chai at Starbucks!? It’s DELICIOUS! It’s charitable, and IT’S OPRAH! I’m going to put a candle in it today and make it a birthday chai.
• Let’s make a summer version of Homemade Lipgloss! I’m thinking orange and bright pink tones. Like sherbet!
• I’m taking my first Barre3 class in New Orleans next week. Let’s keep our fingers crossed I don’t look like an idiot… but I will and that’s ok.
• Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown is my favorite show on television. His book Medium Raw is all up in my queue because my friend Tracy just bought the audio book and I have to do most things that she does.
• I’m waaay into the new Black Keys album Turn Blue. Summertime tunes.
• This is Dali. This is Warhol. This is Pollock. The life and work of famous artists in illustration. It’s so good!
(Above dress by Girls From Savory because I think someone might ask, and also because their dresses are cute and comfortable and super flattering. No, I don’t think I’m a fashion blogger. Just sayin’.)
I’m going to go eat all the beignets now! Have a happy holiday Sunday!
I love you. (Insert: lip emoji)
Happy Belated Birthday Joy! Hope you had a great celebration. The burrito link was hilarious!!!!!
Happy belated birthday joy! i hope it was the best day ever!!!
Happy belated birthday Joy! I trust you ate some incredibly amazing cake?! What was your birthday cake flavor combination?
I’m really sad to see links to Amazon here, they are a horrible company that abuse migrant workers and destroys local economies.
Happy (belated) birthday!! Ughhhhh, Parts Unknown is so incredible. I love how he ties in so much of the culture and historical background of each place, too.
We share a birthday! Happy belated! That dress is adorable on you! :)
Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen
Happy Birthday Beignets sound like the bomb! Hope you had a great birthday!
…Happy Belated Birthday dear girl! *<:o)
…Hope your day was FILLED with love, laughter, friends, family and plenty o' CAKE!
…Now off to see this burrito thingy you spoke about. ;o)
…Peace & blessings. :o)
…Oh, and need I add, you’re adorable! Love that dress! :o)
Plus I have a question for you. Where was that picture taken? It reminds me of home (Puerto Rico)!
OMG that burrito article is my favorite thing ever. I remember reading aloud to my husband in the car and I thought I was going to die from laughing so hard.
Anthony Bourdain’s Kitchen Confidential is one of my favorite books, his writing style is so honest and his past is so crazy! I have so much respect for people working in restaurants after reading that book, I could never survive it. Medium Raw is on my list!